Mung bean boiled in a ginger and garlic based soup, it is commonly accompanied by pork and dried shrimps.
250 grams Pork
1 cup Malunggay Leaves
0.25 cup Bitter Melon Leaves (dahon ng ampalaya)
1 large Tomato quartered
8 pieces Shrimp
1 piece Pork Cubes
250 grams Mung Beans (monngo)
0.5 cup Pork Rind (chicharon)
2 cloves Garlic
2 tablespoon Fish Sauce
1 liter Water
0 Black Pepper
How to Cook
1. Soak mung beans for 4 hours in water.
2. Drain mung beans. Put it in a pan with water and simmer for 30-50 minutes until the mung beans are soft. Drain and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan and sauté garlic and tomato.
4. Add the pork and cook meat for 5 minutes (10 minutes for beef).
5. Add the shrimp and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the mung beans.
6. Pour water then add fish sauce and pork cubes. Simmer for 10 minutes. Taste and add fish sauce as needed.
7. Add bitter melon and malunggay leaves and continue to simmer for 2 minutes.
8. Turn off the heat, sprinkle black pepper and pork rinds before serving.